Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Overview: Scavenger hunt with Orowa

Monde
    Kouzelnictví

Overview: Scavenger hunt with Orowa

Scavengerhunt - Community Event
    Riddle time: Tuesday, 23. July (10:00 CEST) – Monday, 29. July (23:59 CEST)
    Response time: Tuesday, 30. July (14:00 CEST) – Sunday, 04. August (23:59 CEST)

Dear scavenger hunters,

We received several reports from your island, a ghostly figure was seen. It leaves strange notes on the doors of your inhabitants and seems to be calling for a scavenger hunt. Pack your adventure bags and listen to its story, exciting puzzles await you!

• Solve the riddles
      The further you progress in the story with the ghostly figure, the trickier puzzles might appear.
      According to a rather confident islander, the puzzles are not difficult - but they require every single brain cell. There are similarities found in your kingdom, but they are only analogies and not exactly the same.

Are you able to help the inconspicuous ghostly figure?

General rules
    • Submit your responses within the time period for the Community Event (Response time):
      Tuesday, 30. July (14:00 CEST) – Sunday, 04. August (23:59 CEST)
    • Join the event by submitting your answers > here <.
    • All puzzles on all days must be solved to get into the pot for the grand prize.
    • All answers must be given in ONE reply, do not post several replies.
    • The answers stay invisible until the winners are found.
    • The winners of the grand prize will be chosen from all complete and correct answers (see also special condition).
    • There will also be chances on rewards for participants who have gathered a certain number of correct answers.
    • The answers do not need to be case-sensitive, but the correct spelling is important!
    • Spaces must be set correctly.

Formal requirements
    • You have a regular game account.
    • Minors need the consent of their parents/guardians.
    • Participants agree that Ubisoft/Blue Byte may publish their nickname, world and country in addition to the entries submitted. Real names will not be published, only the player name, game world, and game country. The contributions will be stored on Ubisoft/Blue Byte servers for presentation purposes. The following platforms maintained by Ubisoft/Blue Byte can be used for the announcement of winners and the presentation of contributions: International websites, forums, Facebook groups, Instagram and Twitter channels (especially "The Settlers Online" offers).

Players, who submit the correct answers to all puzzles in one reply will be placed in the grand prize jackpot*
    Grand Prize Jackpot
    Up to 100x the new Community Building
    Players, who have solved all the puzzles and have not received the grand prize - as well as players with more than 75% correct answers - can win a random prize from the list below:

Other possible rewards
    5 x 7 Premium Days
    10 x 3 Premium Days
    25 x 1 Premium Day
    60 x 10 Crystal

Special condition
    *If not enough players have solved all the puzzles and there are still free spots available for the community building, the open spots will be raffled among players who have answered more than 75% of the questions correctly.

Announcement of winners
    • The winners will be announced in the coming weeks, the Community Team will keep you informed.
    • The prizes will be sent to the winners as soon as possible via an in-game message to their game account.

Post your answers to the riddles >here<
    Between Tuesday, 30. July (14:00 CEST) – Sunday, 04. August (23:59 CEST)

You can leave feedback to the event > here <.

We wish you beautiful puzzle days!
    BB_Sious
    Last edited by BB_Sious; 23.07.19 at 09:36. Reason: links
    Pokud potřebujete pomoc, prosím kontaktujte zákaznickou podporu, česky. Můžete se obrátit i na mě, ale prosím pouze anglicky.

Monde
    Kouzelnictví

Day 1: Scavenger hunt with Orowa

Dear adventurer,

Is it the Easter Bunny or something completely different? A ghostly figure was spotted on your island, leaving cryptic messages all around town. But ... what could that mean?

I'm the basement ghost Orowanikus of Orakus, but just call me Orowa.
    I grew up with my aunt, Spooky-Hilda van Hohenstein.
    I learned my trade at the Doctor Frankenstein Comprehensive School - not a good time.
    When I was 16, my aunt kicked me out.
    Since then I've been stuck with a haunted agency and make my living through scavenger hunts.
    Until recently a few moderators hired me.
    I'm supposed to take you on a journey through space and time, perform heroic deeds and uncover treasures.
    Are you ready? Let's go!

Let's Start Our Journey

A vast desert lies in front of the group. Hour after hour, the caravan passes through nothing but sand and heat.

"Look at the horizon!" Orowa points into the distance. Only a trained eye can spot the oasis in the distance.

With the last of their strength, they arrive at the oasis and while the party rests to invigorate themselves, the small cellar spirit explores the surroundings. He notices an entrance to a cave, which he had already spotted right after their arrival. He first thought it is a mirage, but it looks very real.

He beckons the group to come closer and together they inch their way to the caves.

What could this mean?
    Spoiler

NI LH TVOYB AHBERIEDTAFA SAT E

*Unscramble the word. Keep in mind that spaces are included

Pokud potřebujete pomoc, prosím kontaktujte zákaznickou podporu, česky. Můžete se obrátit i na mě, ale prosím pouze anglicky.

Monde
    Kouzelnictví

Day 1: Scavenger hunt with Orowa - Part 2

The Journey Goes On

The caves seem to be inhabited. "Intrepid Explorer, you come with me and we'll take a look, the rest will wait here," Orowa commands. The rest of the team sigh with relief.

Meanwhile, Orowa tries to encourage Intrepid Explorer: "We'll take on the challenge, won't we?" Intrepid Explorer nods with a pale expression and saunters behind Orowa.

Deep into the night as the mods wait for the return of Orowa and Intrepid Explorer, a bright light illuminates the entrance.
    Orowa immediately plunges the torch in the desert sand and even before one of the mods can ask, Orowa hisses: "Nothing like anything I've ever seen before!"

Once settled in, both scouts report chambers full of gems and strange objects.

"How I'd like to have one of them," Orowa muses, "something I could live in."

What does he mean by that?
    Spoiler
    T_ _
    O_ _
    L _ M _

*Fill in the blanks. Spaces are included.

Last edited by BB_Sious; 30.07.19 at 11:00.

Monde
    Kouzelnictví

Day 1: Scavenger hunt with Orowa - Part 3

Be Brave

Should our heroes dare to enter the cave again? You will surely find something useful there.

Spoiler
    GIRYN EPLFTCA

Last edited by BB_Sious; 26.07.19 at 17:23.

Monde
    Kouzelnictví

Day 1: Scavenger hunt with Orowa - Part 4

The Lone Hand

Orowa chose to go alone. After all, he is the only one who can make himself invisible.

"This should be easy," Orowa thinks. During his school days, he often snuck into the canteen to scrounge off additional meals.
    He figured out that there are no cave dwellers at this time and hid this fact from his companions. While he makes his way through the caves, he trips and stumbles over his feet.

As he gets up, his hand met what felt like a tiny round object on the cold rough stone floor. "WOW, it shines, I'll take it with me for Auntie."

One ring to bind them all - What color is this ring, it is worth much?
    Spoiler

Combine the hints, name the color or the type of ring it is

He was always good at making up stories and so his companions believed him. Especially the part when he told them he had knocked down a cave dweller with a rolling pin. This even impressed the group very much.

As the first rays of sunshine appeared on the horizon, he finished his story and with a lot of pride in his achievement, he went to sleep.

Monde
    Kouzelnictví

Day 2: Scavenger hunt with Orowa

Despite the short sleep, everyone gets up full of enthusiasm. Even Intrepid Explorer, who hates Adventures, can hardly wait to explore the island further.
    Hour by hour they struggle through the desert sand.

"This sucks", Candid Explorer complains, which makes Charming Geologist call him a cry-baby.

Orowa, on the other hand, is seemingly unaffected by the heat and aridness. Majestically he hovers over the heads of the others and asks the mods mockingly why they carry the loot instead of using it.

While Lovely Explorer and the Savage Scout are studying the area from above, the others take a nap.

"Thunderstorm!", the Savage Scout suddenly shouts. Orowa prompts up. Indeed, a giant cloud moves towards them. "That is not a thunderstorm, that is a sandstorm. WAKE UP AND HOLD TIGHT, we will fly above it!"

Orowa's plan works. After a few hours, the storm calms down.

"Where are we?", Intrepid Explorer asks.

"That's a good question and it is not like we knew where we are before", answers Charming Geologist.

Orowa shakes the sand out of his sheets and replies: "This has to be the cursed Coop-Triangle."

His companions look at each other flabbergasted.

"Can you see the strait over there? That is the entrance to the Sea of Coop." Owora points towards the beach ahead of them. "Here our next adventure will start“

Can you solve this riddle

Orowa leaves the group to get an overview. When he rejoins the others, he paints a very detailed map of the island in the sand.

"You should move silently and carefully here because the area is home to many gruesome creatures." Orowa points at the Forest in front of them.

"As you can see, you can't see anything", jokes Candid Explorer.

"You have to look more closely", whispers Orowa.

And indeed, they see beasts patrolling the pathways between the churches. Two towers up north are also visible.

"Investigate the churches", Orowa explains. "We should be able to find more information there."

"Is Mister Ghost too good to do it himself?", rumbles Candid Explorer.

"No, but there are enough creatures around this place which scare even me!", Orowa retorts sharply. "We have to split up. That way, we can do things faster and reduce the chance to be spotted. Afterward, we meet here again.“

With the first church, our group has no luck. They only found dirt everywhere they looked but the second church was more interesting. The second group found black candles, placed around the pulpits.

And in the shadows, some figures appear.

What could this be?
    Spoiler
    ER DTPIKSE HARTS

Last edited by BB_Sious; 26.07.19 at 17:27.

Monde
    Kouzelnictví

Day 2: Scavenger hunt with Orowa - Part 2

The Wonder

Miraculously, no one raised the alarm. Only two of these mysterious figures from the churches had to be gagged and tied up.

Interestingly, both groups experienced exactly the same thing. The only difference is that one of the characters called himself "Gatekeeper" and the other "Keymaster".

"From the churches, we move on", Orowa says. "Should we examine both towers at the same time?"

After a short, but fierce debate between Lovely Explorer, who believes that the group is stronger together and the Savage Scout, who is convinced of the opposite, the group agrees to split up again.

What will they find in the towers?

What is Orowa holding in his hands?
    Spoiler

Monde
    Kouzelnictví

Day 2: Scavenger hunt with Orowa - Part 3

The Silence

It opens doors and chests. Sometimes it needs numbers, but mostly it is just cold steel.
    Spoiler
    _ _ _ _
    *Fill in the blanks

Monde
    Kouzelnictví

Day 2: Scavenger hunt with Orowa - Part 4

Everything is Ready

"We have everything we need now. Let's move on immediately", says Orowa who doesn't even notice the empty and exhausted looks of his comrades.

"This is the moment he had been waiting for for a long time. He will show his aunt and all those who ever doubted him", Orowa thought to himself.

Wearily his companions followed him and ended up in a place shrouded in darkness. It is so dark they could not even see their hands in front of their eyes. A spooky place and some of them shuddered as they recall their recent encounter in the church.

A flicker of light came on. Intrepid Explorer found torches and lighted them one by one. They seem to be standing in a large mausoleum. Shadows dance on the walls as the group traipses along moving some objects around.

Only Orowa seems unimpressed. "Spirits don't fear the darkness," he notes nonchalantly.

"Earlier in the church things looked quite different," Candid Explorer replies.

What else will our friends find here?

The opposite of everything?
    Spoiler
    _ _ _ _ _ _ G

*Fill in the blanks

Monde
    Kouzelnictví

Day 2: Scavenger hunt with Orowa - Part 5

The Lowpoint

The group's mood is at an all-time low.
    "I told you before - this trainee ghost is not worth his salt", remarks Charming Geologist.
    Orowa did not hear him at all, because he noticed fresh foot-tracks.

Who or what could have made these tracks?
    Spoiler
    OBETDASMI RR

Closed Thread